Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Laugh at the rest

We had a super summery weekend complete with a trip to the farmers market, berry picking, and swimming at the waterfall. I know that there are a lot of people out there who think that Fall is the best season of the year but I disagree. I mean there is just no beating fresh Summer produce.


On Sunday we stopped into Walmart because I knew that they had some super cheap workout clothes. I got 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for running in addition to these awesome finds.


This is real life.
Even though Summer is in full swing we have been enjoying some unseasonably cool temperatures. I am all about hot weather but I am not complaining since I went on a nice cool 74 degree run at 8:00pm last night. I’m not exaggerating. It was 74 degrees on July 1st and gorgeous.

I used the run to think about all of the petty, unnecessary fights I have with my husband. Last night we argued about the thermostat. In the past it’s been about the Tupperware cabinet, or how to load the dishwasher or who finished the milk etc. These arguments are a waste of time and energy and all they do is create a divided feeling between us. I know it sounds trite but we are lucky to have air conditioning, and each other. I need to give a little more.  I saw a quote today by Herman Hesse that said “Learn what is to be taken seriously and laugh at the rest.” Yes. That. Times infinity.
It’s the last day of work until I get a 5 day weekend and the best holiday of the year. Yahoo!!! After work I have to go buy a beard for my Uncle Sam outfit. Yes, this is real life. Get excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment