Friday, November 7, 2014

Bishop Park Running Club

After hemming and hawing for a long time about whether or not it was too weird/gross/inappropriate to use the shower in the girls bathroom in the gymnastics gym downstairs Ben and I decided to go for it. We cleaned up the least scary looking shower stall downstairs, I brought in shampoo, deodorant, and a hair dryer took over a locker and the rest is history! We started the Bishop Park Running Club! It is not much of a club, it is open to anyone who wants to run with us (which so far is no one). We leave from the park at noon every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We don’t even run together, we just start together, he is smoking fast and I am just trying to go 3 miles and walk as little as possible. We have been going strong for 3 weeks and I have only missed one run!
I love it! It gets me out the door and gets my run out of the way. It is also a great time of day to go, warm enough by noon, and an awesome way to break up the day. Showering in the locker room downstairs is not really as weird or gross as I originally thought-though my threshold for weird and gross are admittedly pretty high.
I hope to continue running club through the winter and spring, until summer camp wreaks havoc on our schedules…

Long Live Bishop Park Running Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment