Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Do you have a favorite part on the day? Something you look forward to
while sitting at work? I have a couple
1. Watching Jeopardy at 7:30. Jeopardy at 7:30 has been part of my day
for a long time- it is part of my dad’s daily ritual and I have
adopted it also. This is something I take very seriously. Michael
knows –NOT TO TALK DUING JEOPARDY! I like to think that he is
impressed by my knowledge and skills.
2. I also look forward to coming home and walking the dog every
afternoon. This ritual is much less serious  One of the perks of our
neighborhood is the nice little walking path we have. It wanders
through couple of different neighborhoods and takes a lap around a
cute little pond. It is a nice, quiet, 15 minute walk and a good way
for me to relax. Stella is so cute when we go and bounds around,
chasing geese and sniffing everything she can.
I was so excited this spring when a goose laid eggs in a nest in plain
view right next to the pond. It was fun to see how many eggs were in
the nest each day at the beginning. Then we got to watch 2 geese (I
assume momma and daddy) take turns sitting on the nest and keeping
watch. They were a little a lot feisty if you got too close. And now
we have 2 flocks (not sure if that is the right word) of baby geese
that hang out at our pond. One flock is still in the cute, fuzzy
yellow phase.



The other is in a much less cute, awkward teenage phase



When we walk on a hot day Stella will swim out into the pond and chase
the geese. I don’t even try to stop here, those geese will be sure to
let her know when she is too close. So much honking and hissing, jeez.
What’s your favorite part of the day? Are you pro geese in your
neighborhood pond? Or anti because of the hissing and the poop?

3 comments:

  1. During. Boo. My first typo... That I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My morning coffee is a big comfort to me. And morning showers-- obvious, but very much a ritual in a way. At night, it's usually catching a tv show or reading before bed. i have to get ready for bed completely beforehand to really enjoy it.. nothing worse then getting super comfy then having to get up to brush your teeth!

    i'm totally with you on the no talking rule during certain shows.. i ccan be a bear about that lol. miss ya xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a gaggle of geese? I like to think so. My new favorite ritual is feeding all the cats treats on the bed right before we go to sleep. Unfortunately, anytime I go in my bedroom and its dark outside they all follow me and cry for treats. Silly cats!

    ReplyDelete