Friday, May 18, 2012

Wanna know what?

It's Friday. I usually love Fridays, it is my favorite day of the week. A sweet combination of work and play. And, I always feel like there is a buzz in the air around the office, filled with the anticipation of the weekend. However, today, I am not feeling it. I hate to admit it but I am not feeling well and I’m actually not looking forward to the weekend.
I started felling yucky after work yesterday. Sore throat, headache, small appetite, tickly cough. But, I knew I was really in trouble when I went upstairs to bed at 9:30- a full hour earlier than normal. Thankfully I slept like a rock, much harder than normal, but still woke up feeling the yuck. I just popped a cough drop, uh-oh.
We are going camping this weekend, which is something I enjoy but always drag my feet when it comes to planning a trip. You should also know that I am a fair weather camper, so the fact that it is predicted to be 87 degrees tomorrow doesn’t thrill me. I feel like this weekend trip is just going to end up being a lot of work and not a lot of relaxation. We get off of work at 3:00 this afternoon and Michael wants to be on the road to Atlanta at 4:00. Keep in mind that we have not pulled any of the gear out of the attic, packed our stuff, the dog’s stuff or anything to eat. Yeah.

So, as much as I know I will enjoy making memories on a weekend trip with Michael and Stella, and as much as I will enjoy taking the boat out once we get there I am dreading getting to that point. Am I being selfish and lazy? Or is this really just not the best weekend for the trip? Either way, sounds like I am going to have to put on my big girl panties and enjoy the adventure.

How do you compromise with your significant other when he is excited about something and you really aren’t?

1 comment:

  1. I read this in a book once. Always be
    F-ruitful
    R-eciprocal (perfect here)
    I-ntimate
    E-njoyable
    N-eeded
    D-evoted
    S-anctifying

    ReplyDelete