Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nice to meet you


Welcome to Admire Your Own! My name is Lauren, I am 26 years old and live in wonderful town of Athens, Georgia. I like to think that I am living the dream. I have everything I dreamed of having when I was in school- and more! However, I often find myself wanting something more, or something differnt. I want to take the time to really examine the great and not so great things in my life right now and change what I can. I want to stop looking to others and longing for or *admiring* what they have. This is my journey to Admire My Own.
A little more about me:
* I am engaged to my loving, fun, and fantastically fit fiancee, Michael Butzen. He is a personal trainer and a great source of inspiration for me.
* We have a dog- Stella and a cat- Bode, I am forever begging Michael to let me expand out pet family!
* I work for county as a youth sports coordinator and I LOVE it. Teaching kids the value of sports and outdoor activites is my dream job (and, all the more reason to stay fit myself!)
* I worked at the YMCA for 5 years and taught preschool for 9 months before starting my current job.
* I have a Bachelor's in Child Development from the University of Georgia- GO Dawgs! and a Master's in Family Studies from the Univerity of Kentucky.
*Some might say I have baby fever, I say I love kids.
* I was born and raised in Atltanta and living in Kentucky, away from home for 2 years, almost killed me. I had no idea how much I loved Georgia until I tried to leave it.
* I have a sister who is 24, we are very close, and a brother who is 20.
* Thanks to Michael, I have recently fallen in love with camping and hiking- bonus if Stella can come with us.
* I like my coffe with 2 Splendas and lots of skim milk
*I think that fireworks are the most romantic thing ever
* I cannot function in the morning until I brush my teeth
* I cannot sleep with the closet door open
* Bode is my happy place
* I love the beach
* Spin class is my current favorite form of cardio
*Overnight Oats are my current favorite breakfast (more on that later)
Wanna know more? Ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment